Thursday, January 17, 2008

I really am not a ditz, I just act like one!

Ok, now don't laugh at me. Well, it doesn't matter, because you will laugh anyhow. Have you ever seen those pictures on the internet that are usually labeled something totally lame like "stupid Woman Driver"? Well, add me to the list. On Tuesday morning, Iwas backing out of our driveway, completely absorbed in my to-do list and trying to put my garage door opener away, when all of the sudden: crunch. "What the hell just happened?" I thought to myself. I look behine me thinking Imight have accidentally ran over the mail box. Nope, it's still there. Ok, go forward, did I run over an errant neighbor's trash can? Nope, cause I can't go forward. Alright. So I "park" the car to get out and take a look and see what's going on. It is only at that point that I realized I drove over a 2 foot tall blod of ice at the end of the driveway. Andnow, both my right front and rear tires are lifted on the ground. The ice has lifted my car of the ground. So I called Scott and sheepishly told him what happened, and he called AAA and (most likely laughingly) told them what happened. Then I called work to tell them I might be a little late, grabbed my camera so I would have photographic proof that I really am secretly a ditz, and headed back inside to wait for AAA to show up. My car's rear passneger floor has a huge dent in it, but other than that, all is fine. Pictures will be up tonight. Then we can all have a nice laugh at my expense, together.

On a (somewhat) lighter note, I get to go testify against someone in court tomorrow, then I have a four day weekend. That will be nice. Yeah for long weekends. I might try for a five day weekend, if I can get next Tuesday off. Scott will be out of town, so it would be a great time to get caught up on housework, and more importantly, knitting. And maybe brainstorm for ideas on my Etsy shop. We'll see.

3 comments:

Farmer Chuck said...

Hi, Jami. My name is Chuck Porter. I am not sure that you'll see this comment, so I'll keep this short.

I have a farm near Syracuse, Nebraska. We have dairy cattle, dairy goats, a market garden, and 160 acres of pastures and fields. We are slowly developing this place into an ecological and sustainable farm.

I stumbled across this blog of yours and decided to write to see if you'd be interested in considering a "relationship" with our farm. Raw milk, organic produce, and plans for laying hens could provide you and your friends and acquaintances with a reliable source of healthy nutrition.

E-mail me if you're interested in knowing more.

my e-mail address is metanoia@windstream.net

thanks!

Pirate Monkey said...

Dear Farmer Chuck,

Thanks for the info! I will email you tonight when I get home from work.

Farmer Chuck said...

Jami,

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing from you.

Chuck